Friday, May 23, 2008

As my own........

I (Becky) was driving home yesterday listening to a christian radio station, and I don't know if everyone knows about this....but they were talking about the youngest adopted daughter of Steven Curtis Chapman's that was killed in an accident a couple days ago. It just kinda made me start thinking about just how precious my little boy Hudson is, plus my new little Ethiopian baby who I don't even know yet. Then I started crying, and I was thinking to myself......"I want my baby to come home now!" It's a crazy thing to me how attached I am to this child already, which I have heard is the typical thing that happens when you are adopting. I am hoping that the referral will get to us asap, but then again, when do things always work out the way that I want them to! But to me, this feels no different than a pregnancy, (except for not carrying the whole baby thing! :) I see this child as my own, and no different from my biological son, who just came to us in a different way. I am praying for this little child each day, that whoever you are, that you would come home soon, and know you have a loving family ready to take you in!

No comments: