Monday, December 22, 2008

as Christmas approaches

Its a couple days before Christmas, and tomorrow, which is Dec.23, will be 7 months for us "officially waiting" for our referral now. Its hard to believe that it has even been a year now since we started the whole process. We had a rough last week, things kind of thrown our way we weren't expecting, but I guess life isn't always going to be without surprises good or bad. (nothing to do with the adoption) It kinda got me thinking, "Lord, I would be okay with everything not being okay, if we got the referral!" :) Obviously God isn't some sort of magical genie who is here to grant our wishes. But I just thought even for Christmas, it would be so great to get the referral. This whole process has been one of those things that no matter what goes on in my life, the possibility of getting the referral any day now is always in the back of my mind. But just even realizing what this whole season is really about, the birth of my Savior, makes me feel blessed already. It helps me to take a step back, and understand I need to let go of it, and trust God's timing. Regardless of what my circumstances are, and where my life is at, I am glad that I know a God who doesn't change with the ups and downs of my life. Knowing that helps in the midst of the bumps in my life. Even if it means waiting a little longer for the referral I guess. ;) (But God, anytime soon would be great, even for Christmas! :)

2 comments:

Lindsy said...

Becky and Adam -

We are praying for a steadfast referral at just the right time for your family. It was great to get your Christmas card and its wonderful to know we can now follow you on this journey through your blog. Tim and Lindsy

HollyMarie said...

Becky, I hope you hear news of your referral before January is out! :)