Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bewildered and Amazed!

Well......to say the least, God never ceases to amaze me!(which should not be a surprise to me I guess! :) I had really come to the point where I was like, "Okay God, I have no idea why we have waited this long, but pretty much, its in your hands, and I am just going to be okay with whenever our court date is."(even though I struggled still with the fact that I had no control!:) I really expected we would at the earliest now get a court date in May, and be travelling in June or so. But last night around 8:30 or so, I never expected to get a phone call from our social worker! I admit it too, I am not usually the type to answer the phone when I don't know the number, but for some reason I did! When she told me it was her, my stomach fell to my feet, and she said, "you have a court date, and it is March 24!" I couldn't really even think of anything to say! I was just in shock, and thinking, this can't even be true! God is so good! And definitely keeps me on my toes! I immediately got off the phone and tried to call Adam, but of course he was bowling with about 20 other guys, and couldn't hear it(and originally she had tried to call him)! We were having a girls night at my house, so one of my friends had to text and call their spouse/significant other, just to be able to get him to call me! Needless to say, we are still in shock! Never saw this coming in a million years! Still trying to be aware that anything can happen(since this is international adoption!),but at the same time celebrate that the waiting was not in vain. Don't know why I don't trust God more, he comes through every time in situations like these, and it all works out for the best! So now, we are waiting with anticipation for our court date, and praying that we pass on the first time so we can get our little Wilson home! I have realized too, that it is coming quick, and I have things to get done before this all happens! So now the nesting will continue, and the to do lists will be compiled! :)

4 comments:

HollyMarie said...

God sure does love to surprise us sometimes, doesn't he?? :D

Sarah said...

So is the court date here or over there? What happens at the court? and what is the next step?

Adam and Becky said...

The court date is over in Ethiopia. Their court system basically has the final say on Wilson becoming ours. Someone over there represents us during our court appointment. We need to pass our court date in order to travel. So if we did pass on that day, a couple weeks later we will get a travel call to go over and get him. We have an Embassy date that will be scheduled over there, and we travel over for that to get him and a visa for him to enter our country on. If we didn't pass court, we would just get rescheduled for another court date

The LaHuis Family said...

Congratulations on such a fast court date! That is Super Great News! Praying for approval for you!