Friday, June 5, 2009

First Road Trip! :)

This week has been a new experience for both Wilson, and myself. My husband had a conference this week that he had to attend which lasts through the weekend. Being that Wilson has only been home for about a month now, I really wasn't too excited to stay by myself, so I decided to take a little road trip to my parent's house. It wasn't really one of the first experiences for Wilson that I wanted to do by myself, but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Wilson has never been in a carseat for longer than an hour, and Wednesday we did three hours! He fussed a little bit of the time, but then got over it after about 10 minutes and decided to take a nap. My other son Hudson was pretty content the whole time, and watched the movie "Cars" the whole way! :) Wilson has done pretty well for being away from home for the first time too! He struggled a little the first day we got here, but he has gotten more and more comfortable being at Grandma and Grandpa's house for a couple days. It has been nice to have the extra help while my husband is gone as well! But, tomorrow we head home, so it's another 3 hour trip we will have to conquer, and I hope that it goes as well as the way up here did! And all I have to say to my husband is, it's daddy time when we get home, and mommy gets a big break to go do something fun without kids for a bit! ;)

No comments: